once you’ve been a sysadmin, it doesn’t leave you…
Despite falling into the role years ago, it never left me behind (despite what my current job title may say) as I’ve just discovered. There’s a power outage right now and I found myself myself:
- Unscrewing cabinets to get access to cables laid years ago
- Moving the DECT base station onto a UPS (something I never got around to doing in the last 12 months)
- Rerouting the WiFi power cable to come off a newer UPS with spare capacity
- Patching the WiFi through onto a spare switch
- Blogging about it
…and then realising I’m at home.
…and it’s a Sunday.
Ooh, the kids have just come round and said the cables are down – time to grab a camera and go and have a look 🙂
Update: It wasn’t the hardest problem in the world to spot…
- Let’s count the wires !
- I suppose the other three shouldn’t be on the ground, then ?